A month after the headline-grabbin’, insurgent-nabbin’ Operation Lion’s Roar, here’s what life is like in Mosul today:
- A roadside bomb detonated near the cultural group petrol station downtown Mosul city. Five people were injured
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Al-Sukar neighborhood in Mosul city.Two policemen were injured.
- Gunmen killed two prominent Sheikhs in Mosul city from Ubeid and Abassi tribes who were on their way from Mosul to Tal Afar.
- Gunmen launched a propelled grenade on joint forces from Iraqi police and American armies in Zanjili town. Two Iraqi policemen were injured.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Tawafa neighborhood in Mosul city.One policeman was injured.
Courtesy of McClatchy.
My previous rants:
“A lion’s peep in Mosul” — May 12
“O.K. Corral, Maliki style” — May 13
“Come out with your hands in the air” — May 16
“Informed Comment on Mosul” — May 19
“Mosul: Lights on, nobody home” — May 21
“Déjà vu Mosul” — May 25
“Iraq: Yazidis under attack” — May 27
“Insurgency in Mosul: Now you see us, now you don’t” — May 30
“Mosul: Finally, a reporter on the ground” — June 1